Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to best slice / print this model?

Posted by bbence 
How to best slice / print this model?
September 08, 2013 01:00PM
I would like to print this model as accurately as possible. I am using a Replicator 1, so I think it should be possible to print this. I am currently using ABS filament, again, this should be the better choice for such part I suppose. I have tried to print it with 1 extra shells, 40mm/sec, 230C, 0.2mm layer height. The spiral part did not come out that well, even though Skeinforge has slowed down this spiral rod part quite a lot due to the minimal layer time setting. Is the spiral angle to steep? Would it be possible at all to print this with reasonable quality? I don't have the printer part photo anymore, I gave to a friend of mine for whom this was going to be a replacement part for a car lock mechanism which broke.

The alkatresz_test.stl is a simplied version for printing testing, the actual part is the alkatresz.stl.
Re: How to best slice / print this model?
September 08, 2013 04:02PM
That screw would be really difficult to print without support, as the overhang is nearly 90 degrees.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Re: How to best slice / print this model?
September 10, 2013 07:29AM
I dont think the overhang is that bad as the helix form supports each layer

I would print real slow , maybe 10mm/s or lower even Would be a great test to see if you extruder amount /temp is correct

good luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login