Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Single Wall cube test

Posted by Etherflash 
Single Wall cube test
June 24, 2012 11:34AM
Hi due to internal holes comming out way to small (23mm hole came out 21mm). I did a single wall cube test like some of you suggested.
But when you look at the pictures there is no point in measuring the wall thickness.
I also attached my slic3r config.

3mm Filament
0.35 mm nozzle
178°C Nozzle Temperature
Print on non heated bed covered with kapton Tape(Polyimide)
Pronterface
Slic3r 0.8.3
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_1224.JPG (166.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_1225.JPG (165.5 KB)
open | download - IMG_1226.JPG (154 KB)
open | download - config-singlewall.ini (2.3 KB)
Re: Single Wall cube test
June 24, 2012 11:52AM
It might be the plastic, but I'd try printing hotter, potentially quite a lot hotter, you'll probably have to slow down the print to get it to come out.
I have some translucent green PLA that I can print at 180 degrees, but I get odd layers in it until I run it at 220, my assumption is it's variation in the filament.
Do you have any other plastic you can print with?
June 30, 2012 08:08AM
I'd first try upgrading slic3r to 0.8.4.

This version came out last week and it have solved so many of the problems I was having. The blobbling effect you see on your walls are caused bu 0.8.3. Upgrade and run the same tests.

HTH

Keukpa
July 01, 2012 03:59AM
This hole and dimension size also exists in 0.8.4. I've tried every thing in calibration but am still one extrusion width out. I think that slic3r is placing the outer shell at the outer face of the stl file where as is should be half a filament width inwards. I'm talking with Alex about this through the slic3r GitHub issues page. I've been looking at he Gcode and it doesn't add up. Unfortunately, the Gcode snippet that I put in the issue was for the inner shell. I've sent him the whole Gcode and ini file for the perimeter test so, hopefully, he will agree and fix it. I've had a look at the perl code but it's not a programming language that I 'speak'.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
July 03, 2012 12:45AM
looks like you're printing too cold, not extruding enough plastic, or your extruder is jamming/slipping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login