Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder suddenly stors

Posted by zarak_0066 
Extruder suddenly stors
April 16, 2014 07:42AM
Hello everyone!

I have had my printer for a while now.

i built it after summer last year and got it running great! but after updating repetier host during chrismas the extruder just started stopping during prints. i have tried all i can think of to get it to work propperly again, including: reinstalling repetier host, new repetier firmware, shorts, overheating drivers.

Please If anybody have ideas im all ears.

//Adam Madsen
Re: Extruder suddenly stors
April 16, 2014 08:56AM
We need a bit more information. Is the extruder getting jammed? What do you need to do to get things started again?

If you have a J-Head and are printing PLA, there is a known issue that affects a lot of people where the filament in the upper portions of the extruder body heats up and swells causing a jam. People solve this by having an always-on small fan aimed at the upper part of the extruder - not at the print. This is my setup. I have a small 25mm fan attached to the X carriage and aimed at the extruder body. This fan is controlled only be a toggle switch so that I can turn it off for ABS. I have an additiona 40mm fan aimed at the print and hooked up to my RAMPS (so it is controlled by G Code).
Re: Extruder suddenly stors
April 16, 2014 10:56AM
No, not a jam.

the stepper driving the extruder just locks up for some reson. Does not even die like it would if the driver overheats, just stops moving.

Like it forgets the E comands in the g-code, the motor locks up like any stepper does when it´s plugged in but not moving.

I got it to print one thing yesturday bot when i ran the same thing again the extuder stoped before the first layer was compleated.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 04:26AM by zarak_0066.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login