Advanced

Prusa i3 Heated bed not up to 110 degree C

Posted by sidhabo 
Prusa i3 Heated bed not up to 110 degree C
April 18, 2014 09:36AM
Just printed my first ..... barly
I have problem getting heated bed up to 110 degrees
Most I had it on permanent manual heat was 101
That was after inserting 10 mm heat isolating between heated bed and aliminium hold up
The isolation I bought from car dealer shop, kind of thing you use in car motor room.
Maybe my isolation is not good enough ?? Wasn't able to find anything else at local shops.
No isolation was delivered with my kit ....
Any link to Internet place where I can get proper isolation for my 3D printer ?

Thanks
Ha det gött
Bosse

Prusa i3 Reworked, Delivered March 28 2014, RAMPS 1.4
Göteborg, Sweden
Re: Prusa i3 Heated bed not up to 110 degree C
April 18, 2014 11:33AM
Here's a source in Denmark:

http://reprap.me/heatbed/iso200.html

I do not have cork under my heatbed or use glue or any chemicals on my glass, and just place a magazine or newspaper on top of the glass as an additional insulator to speed up the bed heating process.....
April 18, 2014 11:56AM
Thanks for link Vreihen. Think I'll try cork then since my isolation does not seem so good.
I will try the newspaper trick also. So your heatbed stay fine on 110 during printing even without isolation ?
Ha det gött
Bosse

Göteborg, Sweden
April 19, 2014 09:51AM
Once it has reached 110C, it can maintain the temperature. Since heat radiates upward, insulating the top of the bed while it warms up works best for me.....
April 19, 2014 01:49PM
M, it was a good help for me. Get it up to 110 fine with newspaper he he
Just when I take it away I go pretty fast down to 90-95 ....
Still help me to get printing going since I have temp well over limit of 100 that I set in Repitier config for Filament slicer setting
Long as I'm not up to that temp my print job won't start going .... Just saying "Heating bed" in LED display
What's ruining my printout now is that I get 3 first layers printout good but after that fan starts and cool my extruder down to 205 degr C at that point my extruder fail to feed plastic .....
If I go into Repitier config Slicer-Filament Settings-Cooling and untick Enable auto cooling I get fan to stay dead and temp of Extruder to be 245 C during total printing .... that way I get it finish printout. Just not sure if this is the good way to do it ??
Not totally good quality on my printout ....
Ha det gött
Bosse

Göteborg, Sweden
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login