Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thin layers on top and bottom

Posted by funnytrash 
Thin layers on top and bottom
May 03, 2014 10:14PM
Hi can some one advise me on this? I've tried printing at 230 C to 240 C but theres no difference. Ive tried increasing the steps per mm for the extruder and Im still not seeing any difference. My extruder isnt skipping. Can anyone please help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2014 10:14PM by funnytrash.
Re: Thin layers on top and bottom
May 04, 2014 03:58AM
funnytrash
Hi can some one advise me on this? I've tried printing at 230 C to 240 C but theres no difference. Ive tried increasing the steps per mm for the extruder and Im still not seeing any difference. My extruder isnt skipping. Can anyone please help?
[attachment 32118 IMG_0513.JPG]

What are you using for slicing?
Have you got the top and bottom layers defined?
Both Cura and Slic3r allow you to set the layer thickness, you should be able to change this to either have no layer or many layers for the top and bottom.

[regpye.com.au]
"Experience is the mother of all knowledge." --Leonardo da Vinci
May 04, 2014 11:21AM
I am using Cura and I see the settings but from my experience with a makerbot, shouldnt it be printing thick solid layers? regardless of how many layers i put on top?
May 04, 2014 03:10PM
did you try slowing down? mine look like that when i push the speed.
May 07, 2014 11:45AM
Hi. I did slow it down but its still the same. Any other suggestions?
May 07, 2014 02:41PM
Have you tried changing extrusion width? I tune my perimeter, infill, and solid infill differently in Slic3r. My extrusion width is .67. I have perimeters at 103% and solid infil at 94%. You may need to do the opposite of me and increase your solid infill.
Do you have the nozzle diameter set correctly?
May 07, 2014 06:06PM
Well, I would try Slic3r to see how it compares. The machine may not be at fault.

Click here to login