Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ramps 1.4 Problems

Posted by GrantGabrielson 
Ramps 1.4 Problems
May 16, 2014 10:11AM
I have been using a Printrboard for the last 7 months and I just got a new printer with Ramps 1.4. It had been a fairly minor shift, with nothing that difficult to learn. I have had the printer fully working for the last two weeks or so. Yesterday, I did my tenth print, everything went fine with the print. I left it on the build plate for about an hours, I took it off, the part looked great. I then went to my computer to start the next print, I got the message "Are you sure you want to disconnect?" Then the two options, one being disconnect anyway, and the other being cancel. This was odd, I did not initiate the disconnect, the only other time it says this is if I unplug the USB cord. I did neither of these things. I pressed cancel and got no response from the printer when I tried a move. So, I unplugged the USB cord, cut power to the board, then plugged it all in again. It wouldn't even connect. I keep getting the error USB411 does not exist or something like that. I tried connecting it with Arduino software, it to does not connect. I an trying this all on a Mac, then went to my old windows to try it. It connected, but I could not move. However, I had never gotten it to move using windows, on com port 3. Even before when it worked on my mac. When I plug in the USB the board flashes twice, then nothing. I am using am Ultimaker Ramps kit i believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I see no reason why it was working perfectly, then without me changing anything at all, it just stopped. Thanks in advance.
Re: Ramps 1.4 Problems
May 16, 2014 01:31PM
did you reboot the pc?
May 16, 2014 06:50PM
cat.farmer
did you reboot the pc?

Yes, I rebooted. I Also tried a different power supply. The power supply is on indicated by the fan on the power supply moving. Then, when I connect the molex connector to Ramps, it shuts off the power supply. I have to cut power to the PSU and plug it back in to get the fan to spin Any Help?
May 17, 2014 09:59AM
sounds like a short maybe. does it power the board after it is connected? and I wouldn't suggest pluging things in with the power on. magic smoke may appear. I would wtart with reomving the ramps from the mega and see if you can connect. then unplug everything from the ramps, connect the ramps and connect, keep adding things until it stops connecting - there is your issue.
May 17, 2014 10:29AM
Thank you very much, I'll try that. What would cause a short? I have been carefull to keep metal pieces off of it, and only touch it when the power is off.
May 17, 2014 02:15PM
There are no USB ports only bluetooth.
Attachments:
open | download - Screen Shot 2014-05-17 at 12.07.51 PM.png (356.9 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login