Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration Issues

Posted by banthafodder7400 
Calibration Issues
July 03, 2014 11:01PM
So I have had some major printer changes this year. A new extruder after my other one melted down, and new extruder drive gears since I had a ton of backlash in my old extruder drive gears. I was working on some calibration tonight after getting the gears in place. I was printing [www.thingiverse.com] but as you can see from my pictures there were some issues.

1. So in the front view you can see that it completely messed up the top block.

2. In the Tower Leading Edge there is supposed to be an opening 10x5x5 mm. You can see that this edge of the print is nasty looking. By leading edge I mean every layer started on this side.

3. Tower Side 1 there is a 5x5x5mm opening. Once again there were some issues with this.

4. In the top view you can see that the inside edge corners are slightly rounded and the top layers all have little holes.

Any ideas on how to button up these issues? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Let me know if there is anything else you need!

Ryan
Quality Engineer & Hobbyist
thingsandtrains.blogspot.com
Attachments:
open | download - TowerFront.jpg (247.4 KB)
open | download - Tower Leading Edge.jpg (127.9 KB)
open | download - Tower Side 1.jpg (149.4 KB)
open | download - Tower Top.jpg (314.9 KB)
Re: Calibration Issues
July 04, 2014 10:02AM
Additional information, the X,Y and Z dimensions are all within 0.1mm of what they should be. so those calibration values are good.

Ryan
July 06, 2014 10:49AM
hot extruding temperature ,it its PLA you need to use fan for cooling
July 06, 2014 10:55AM
Most of this looks like a cooling issue to me. Can you try printing 2 or 3 of them in the same plate at the same time. If by moving the head away for a while to print the ithr two objects you get good results, then you know you need to work on your cooling parameters.
July 07, 2014 07:12AM
Ok I will try playing with temperature settings. I am printing with ABS and I seem to have the temperature set really high after I changed my thermistor.

Ryan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login