Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

print area out of bounds

Posted by paddy10tellys 
print area out of bounds
June 30, 2012 07:24PM
I,m sure there is a simple reason why this print extended beyond the bed but I just don't what that is. Can anyone help?

Huxley reprappro Mar 2012 line, pronterface printing Power socket bracket with switch for RepRapPro Huxley by peppertarts which is not for my machine, I know, but it looked small and simple so I tried it anyway.

Why does it print outside of the bed - as in this video oops!

Thx,

Patrick
Re: print area out of bounds
June 30, 2012 07:41PM
It seems like he doesn't know how far to go, or your build dimensions.

In the firmware you can set how far you want to allow movement for each direction, then it won't ever go past your bed.
Then after firmware calibration at least in slic3r you can set also set bed dimensions, and position where you want the center, or where you want the print to be placed.
June 30, 2012 08:01PM
thx - is there a web page describing how to do that?
July 01, 2012 04:23PM
looka like your printing is doing just fine without the bed, i would say leave it LOL

no but seriously...
check your settings in slic3r also its set probably to a bigger bed size or the midpoint stated in the settings is not really the midpoint of your bed....

mid point of my bed for example is 100x and 70y so in pronterface or whatever you are using it looks like the middle but it actually starts of centre, try to measure that. for example try to make a really smal print like a 5mm cube and check if its in the middle. if yes then check the outer limits of the bed, if no adjust the midpoint in slicer or whatever you are using
July 05, 2012 09:43PM
You need to download firmware such as marlin here
[github.com]

At the bottom it explains what to do starting with:
-------------------------------
Configuring and compilation:
Install the arduino software IDE/toolset v22 [www.arduino.cc]
-------------------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login