Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing Chamfers & Posts

Posted by JerseyGirl 
Printing Chamfers & Posts
August 22, 2014 03:48PM
I'm having issues printing chamfers & posts on a part. The main issue I'm having with the chamfer is that with Slic3r, it's creating blobs everywhere (pic1). The steps were smoother with Cura but not perfect (pic 2). My posts were OK with Slic3r (pic 3) but were a nightmare with Cura (pic 4). I searched around google and bumped into a torture test fixture & it looks like the slicing software is what can make or break certain features like columns, etc but I'm not 100% sure about that.

What can I do to get this to print nicely? Thanks!!
Attachments:
open | download - photo 1.JPG (54.6 KB)
open | download - photo 2.JPG (43 KB)
open | download - photo 3.JPG (12.4 KB)
open | download - photo 4.JPG (11.3 KB)
Re: Printing Chamfers & Posts
August 22, 2014 04:51PM
The posts are a little difficult to see. Are you getting the same blobs as with your chamfers?

Try increasing the retraction length. Also, to see whether it's anything to do with where perimeters start, change the Slic3r settings to start perimeters in the same location, instead of random locations, and print again.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: Printing Chamfers & Posts
August 22, 2014 06:13PM
I can't seem to get a good photo of the posts since they are on the inside. The diameter is about 2mm. I usually have the next layer start at the nearest location.

It's blobby like this link I found.

[solidoodletips.wordpress.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login