Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Changed hotend, now layers are off.

Posted by rwindr 
Changed hotend, now layers are off.
November 26, 2014 01:02PM
I managed to partially melt my old hotend so I ordered new e3d hotend and installed it just a moment ago. Everything works and print quality is otherwise great but for some reason the print layers do not stack up properly and the print leans like the tower Pisa.

I have no idea what settings to fiddle with, any ideas?

Re: Changed hotend, now layers are off.
November 27, 2014 04:18AM
I doubt it's this, but is it possible that the hotend is not fastened in tightly?
November 27, 2014 12:13PM
Okay, so the hotend was tightened properly, but now I took it apart and it seems the groovemount plate is ruined. So this is now second groovemount plate that got ruined instantly after one print. It seems that PLA can't handle using E3D hotend at 190 celcius even though I have out a fan to cool the hotend.

So now I need better solution for mounting the hotend regular groovemount plate just wont do it. My printer is Rostock Mini and hotend is connected to the extruder with bowden tubing but not directly and that makes it hard to design good mount that won't allow any room for movement. Does anyone have any good solutions for mounting E3D hotend? Aluminum groovemount plate could be solution, but I do need also the other part with it to mount the bowden connector and to hold the hotend stationary in the goovemount plate.
November 27, 2014 01:28PM
Are you cooling the fins with a fan? sorry read again you have a fan.
Also i would have thought a pla mount would not be up to the heat.
Maybe abs would be a better bet.

Ive used the aluminium grooved plate with both my j-head and new hexagon hotend.
I thought it would also act as a good heat sink to keep the cool end cool.
These were both with the extruder on the x-carriage.

Gordon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2014 01:29PM by gordonendersby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login