Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cleaning abs juice off parts printed

Posted by Tibuck 
cleaning abs juice off parts printed
January 12, 2015 08:04PM
I am printing a lot with abs lately and I Really like the way the prints come out ! I found that a nice think slurry of abs juice ( thick like maple syrup) applied to cold glass on heat bed then bring the heat up to 100c works perfectly with out warping, But the issue is that it leaves a very thin layer of the juice on the parts. So my question is , has anyone found a trick to clean that off easily with out effects to the parts it self?

Thanks
Re: cleaning abs juice off parts printed
January 13, 2015 06:59AM
Very fine sandpaper.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
January 13, 2015 07:51AM
I did try that, used 400 grit and 500 and fine steel wool, the sandpaper works well but leaves a almost white ish matt finish and steel wool work ok but takes a lot of rubbing. what sandpaper have you tried ?
January 13, 2015 12:16PM
400 and 800. Matt, yes. touching fast with acetone and cotton cloth can give gloss... or ruin your piece. Acetone vapor for gloss. I have not tried cold acetone vapor yet, there is a video somewhere in Youtube.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
January 17, 2015 05:14PM
Hot ABS likes to stick to Kapton tape with no messy juice, hairspray, or other junk necessary. No cleanup, either.
January 17, 2015 06:35PM
I just got a can of 3dlac which smells a lot like hairspray and with a coat of that on the glass with no tape and bed temp at 106C so far everything seems to hold well now and - the mess
January 24, 2015 08:46PM
Ok its been about a week with testing with the "3DLAC" and "Alberto European extra hold" and I must say they both do one heck of a great job! im so impress that I will never go back to the messy abs juice thing! test with 3 different rolls of abs ( one full roll) and not a single warping and no abs juice mess! thanks for all your inputs and hope it helps someone some where .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login