Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to get filament reaction working in marlin/slic3r ?

Posted by Nikki81 
How to get filament reaction working in marlin/slic3r ?
May 14, 2015 11:29AM
I have been trying to get the filament reaction feature working in marlin and slic3r to try and stop my hotend leaving blobs and strings but i have not had any luck can any one tell me how to set it up

Thanks Nikki
Re: How to get filament reaction working in marlin/slic3r ?
May 14, 2015 04:48PM
firmware:

Configuration h file

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 500 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

Just play with the values until you get best movements.

Slic3r:

[manual.slic3r.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2015 04:49PM by ggherbaz.
May 14, 2015 05:42PM
Thank you I'll have a play and see if there's any improvement

Thanks Nikki
May 15, 2015 06:06AM
I have had a play this morning and found that it was set to 3000 mm s ! I've dropped it down to 30 and it seems to be working.
May 16, 2015 03:31PM
On Marlin or in slic3r?

30 is kinda too slow, you can bump it up some, unless you are talking about the feedrate.

I have a geared extruder and I set retraction acceleration to 1800. you can move it up 100 mm at a time untill you reach the perfect value for your printer, but definitely you can have it in the thousand range.

Now with extrusion You have 3 values that you need to work with to get perfect results. The first of course is the steps per mm, once you have your extruder processing (in) the correct amount, then you adjust the feedrate so it supply the filament at the correct rate and then last the acceleration and retraction speed to prevent blobs, strings and empty spaces.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login