Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Minor print issue help.

Posted by edd9000 
Minor print issue help.
July 28, 2015 05:17PM
I built a Prusa i3 last week, so far I'm happy with the results except for some minor issues.

I'm using slic3r 1.2.9. I have calibrated flow and it seems to be fine except on thinner sections of the print, it seems to be over extruding on the infill, this gets worse as the print gets taller or the nozzle deflects off it making the outer perimeter wobbly:

It can be seen here on the top around the circle:

On the perimeters I get the odd in sunk line, its hard to see but here is a photo:

Any ideas on improving either of these is appreciated.
VDX
Re: Minor print issue help.
July 28, 2015 05:20PM
... maybe slightly reducing the extruder-multiplier?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 28, 2015 05:23PM
I did try that, but by the time it prints the thinner sections clean, it is under extruding, especially on single wall test pieces which then have no layer adhesion.
VDX
July 28, 2015 06:05PM
... then try with slightly bigger layer height - will reduce the effective material flow between the perimeters too ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 30, 2015 01:54PM
How fast are you printing? The sunk lines might be caused by your extruder not being able to keep up with the speed you're printing at.
July 31, 2015 07:29AM
30mm/s on the external perimeters, its a "mk8 direct drive" extruder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login