Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print head hits print

Posted by mrmuffin 
Print head hits print
September 05, 2015 12:27PM
I was trying to print a propeller for a school project and it was going perfectly until about 90 minutes in.

When I came back to it it was toppled over and filament was everywhere. My magnetic print head was also detached from the arms. If you look closly you can see where the print head hit the print and knocked the print off of the bed.

Black Hatchbox PLA

200C

Layer height of .2mm

5% infill

5mm retraction with .2 zlift.

I just calibrated my printer and it seemed to pass the paper test well. I'm not sure what would cause the print to do so well then fail half way through.

Here is my printer.

Re: Print head hits print
September 06, 2015 02:09AM
Just guessing (before the morning coffee), uneven cooling (a little draft in the room) makes a high print tilt a little or maybe a temperature change in the heat bed (that you don't have (go make myself some coffee)).
September 06, 2015 12:16PM
I just came to think of something else, as you have a delta printer. A slightly leaning tower can move the nozzle out of line. I made a small study on it
September 08, 2015 12:47AM
..........or it simply got so hot that a magnets lost enough field to come loose.
September 08, 2015 02:47AM
Or you extrude a little too much, which adds up until the nozzle starts to scratch?
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login