Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slipping extruder

Posted by DerpThing 
Slipping extruder
January 04, 2016 09:35PM
So I this extruder
It keeps slipping and not moving the filament. Is there any why to fix this or help it? If not is there anything I can get to fix it?
Re: Slipping extruder
January 05, 2016 03:45AM
I can't see the image, but usually there is a spring loaded screw that raises the pressure between idler and drive gear.
-Olaf
January 05, 2016 06:29AM
Can't really get the details of the image but it looks like you are using a 3mm extruder for 1.75mm filament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2016 06:30AM by Downunder35m.
January 05, 2016 04:40PM
Downunder35m
Can't really get the details of the image but it looks like you are using a 3mm extruder for 1.75mm filament.
o_lampe
I can't see the image, but usually there is a spring loaded screw that raises the pressure between idler and drive gear.
-Olaf

sorry for the bad photos. here I have a link to one. [www.ebay.com]
January 06, 2016 03:23AM
Yes, I agree. The hobbed gear AND the hobbed idler won't work with 1.75mm filament. You either have to look for a common ball bearing as idler or chose a flat drive gear ( not recommended )
-Olaf
January 06, 2016 08:36AM
If it's the one in the ebay link then it is using a flat drive gear. Flat gears can work fine as long as you make sure the set screw doesn't line up with the filament.

Edit: Okay, so the OP's picture and the ebay link don't look like the same drive gear. Such is life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 08:44AM by JamesK.
January 06, 2016 06:52PM
I converted to Bowden and finally converted back to direct because of the endless problems with stripping.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login