Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EXTREME Nozzle Drip/Oozing when hot but not printing (Prusa i3 Mendel Kit - Hictop 3DP11)

Particularly with PET-G, my nozzle just keeps on dripping when I have it at 210ºC with the extruder motor unplugged.. I've even gone as low as 160ºC and I still get dripping (less, but still quite objectionable). Is there a way to check if my nozzle is damaged or figure out what the problem is? I don't have a spare nozzle, I'd have to order that. My Z-axis was improperly set several times so my heated bed has received several "engravings" on it thanks to the nozzle ramming into it. Could my thermistor be malfunctioning and the nozzle/hot end is much hotter than the controller thinks it is?

Here's a video of the issue, it's worst with PET-G, but still quite bad with PLA:

PET-G
[youtu.be]

PLA
[youtu.be]

Any help in troubleshooting this would be much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2016 10:13PM by printingandprinting.
Re: EXTREME Nozzle Drip/Oozing when hot but not printing (Prusa i3 Mendel Kit - Hictop 3DP11)
January 21, 2016 01:58AM
PET-G, PLA and many flexible fiaments tend to ooze quite a lot. A short retract to get all pressure out of the nozzle is basically everything you can do beside cooling it down to the point the material doesn't ooze anymore.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login