Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't manual control single axis

Posted by C4l3m 
Can't manual control single axis
February 08, 2016 09:30AM
Hi,

I'm new to 3D printing. I have an Azteeg X1 with Marlin framework in it. I disabled the temperature check in it.
I'm trying to test my control over each axis before I build something, so I do not have end switch setup.

In Repetier, when I go into manual control and move X by 1, 10 or 50, Y move (less) and Z move (even less). Kind of impossible to turn only X or Y or Z alone.
I also tried with another software with similar result, but it was already better.

Any hint ?
Re: Can't manual control single axis
February 08, 2016 10:05AM
in an open loop the inital position on any axis is unknown. To be able to position you need to home on each axis. Without endstops this will not work.
Before trying to position on any axis make sure you have working endstops.

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
February 10, 2016 04:21PM
Do I really need to have the endstop switches setup or I can configure the software/firmware to have a 40000mm² print area so I can move more than 50mm at the time using manual control ??
VDX
February 10, 2016 05:33PM
... you can set any position as home without endstops - I did this for testing my paste-dispenser with camera-control by setting it above the desired start position (visible in the camera image) and sending "G92 X Y Z" to the printer to define this position as X0, Y0, Z0.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 25, 2016 04:33AM
I havent got the endstops hooked up on machine at the moment, and I just put the head where I want it XYandZ, and when I say print it just does it, I havent used the above gcode to set to 0, I wonder what difference it would make if I did?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 04:57AM by MechaBits.
February 25, 2016 06:35PM
Some firmwares will restrict motion if the machine hasn't homed to prevent crashes. You will either need endstops to print or you'll need a repeatable way to put the nozzle in roughly the same place in X and Y and exactly the same place in Z.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2016 06:35PM by IMBoring25.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login