Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Making corners sharper

Posted by animoose 
Making corners sharper
February 25, 2016 11:52PM
When I print objects with sharp corners such as cubes, they tend to come out with a bit of overshoot which makes them less sharp. The degree to which this happens varies with speed. In this example (https://goo.gl/photos/RMtmSzh5XiM2tcd9A) the same object is printed at 45 mm/s and 20 mm/s, with a noticeable difference, for example on the cube in the top right of the object.

Does anyone know a way of keeping sharp corners without compromising the speed? Perhaps by changing the acceleration or jerk parameters, or by some setting in the slicer? While I could print all objects at the slower speed, this isn't always satisfactory, for example on a large object which is mostly round with only a few sharp corners (such as some of the larger parts of this: [www.thingiverse.com]). My X and Y acceleration are currently 3000 mm/s^2 and the X-Y jerk is 20 mm/s, though I couldn't tell you where I got these values from. The printer is a FolgerTech 2020. I've run experiments with changing other parameters such as temperature and using Cura instead of Slic3r with no significant difference.

See my blog at [moosteria.blogspot.com].
Re: Making corners sharper
February 26, 2016 07:59AM
Lower your acceleration values to 500. This will slow down at the corners, but speed up on the straights. Start at 500 and tune up or down from there smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login