Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very slow wall printing ?

Posted by amigob 
Very slow wall printing ?
March 03, 2016 04:24PM
Hi all
My new P3steel is doing an asome job, but today I saw it do very slow wall printing
I set the wall thickness to 2 mm and then it fibrats like hell when it prints the walls
I use the cuda slicer/

here movie

is this normal or/and can I avoid it, because the printer doesn't really like it.
Re: Very slow wall printing ?
March 07, 2016 10:47AM
Cura has some options to set the speeds for things like perimeters and infill, but you may just want to change the acceleration and jerk values in the printers firmware.

Master Tinkerer
March 07, 2016 08:56PM
acceleration and jerk setting only controls the speed of which a axis changes direction how you printing it usb or sd card i would try sd card as it seems ok apart from start maybe interference or lag

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2016 09:03PM by chris33.

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
March 09, 2016 05:40AM
How have you set your wall thickness because the amount you specific in cura is divided by your nozzle diameter. So we always use a wall thickness of 0.8mm when we have a 0.4mm nozzle so thats two extrusions for each wall (if you see what I mean, sorry if the is confusing)

So its always best to set your wall thickness to be a multiple of your nozzle diameter. So setting the thickness at 2mm might be causing your issues. If you have a 0.4mm nozzle then try a setting of 1.6mm which is 4 extrusions for each wall.

Cheers,
3DEX Filament
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login