Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with new printer.

Posted by Bill H 
Help with new printer.
March 12, 2016 09:56AM
Hello. New to this group but have been printing for awhile now. Picked up my first RepRap printer and I'm having a few issues.. Main onr being it will not print from an SD card installed in the control panel. I took this card straight out of my robo printer and put it in the prusa. when I install the card the screen says card inserted but when I scroll down to it in the control panel it says no card installed . I have reformatted the card with the same results. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Help with new printer.
March 12, 2016 10:05AM
Try a different card for starters, preferably a different manufacturer. Sometimes there are compatibility issues with SD cards and electronics they plug into- that's why camera makers usually have a page listing tested compatible cards for their cameras.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
March 12, 2016 10:09AM
Thank you. I will try that next
March 16, 2016 10:42AM
Also try formatting (both) cards using different filesystems. FAT seems to be a bit of a standard, but some basic SD readers may not be able to read something more proprietary like Mac OS (Extended, Journaled, or both). See if you can get a info sheet on the SD panel and see if it lists compatibility info.

What size was the card you tried? Some larger cards may not be recognized either. Try something under 2gb.

Master Tinkerer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login