Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homes then stops want print

Posted by chasemn34 
Homes then stops want print
April 30, 2016 09:10AM
I just finished up my reprap build first one ... I can control everything manual and I have all my ends stops hooked up when I click print my printer will home hit each end stop the back off the end stop after that it just stops the screen still says printing but it want move
Re: Homes then stops want print
April 30, 2016 10:47AM
Sorry but I can't follow you...
April 30, 2016 11:00AM
chasemn34
I just finished up my reprap build first one ... I can control everything manual and I have all my ends stops hooked up when I click print my printer will home hit each end stop the back off the end stop after that it just stops the screen still says printing but it want move

You do know that the bed and hotend need to get to temperature before printing starts?
April 30, 2016 11:31AM
So if the bed and hotend arnt at temp will that cause it to home out then not start the actual printing process what it is is im trying to do like a dry run on my machine with out actually printing something to see it move
April 30, 2016 11:33AM
Also what's the best host software to use repiterhost keeps freezing on my pc and pronterface want show my object in the work area but says code is loaded
April 30, 2016 12:04PM
If you just want to see if the x, y and z move then run the attached.
Make sure the z is homed, and x & y are in the center before running.

I've used Pronterface and Repetier Host with no problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 12:07PM by stephenrc.
Attachments:
open | download - clonewars.gcode (17.4 KB)
April 30, 2016 12:12PM
My x y and z will move on both programs fine when I load my g code and click print my printer will move every axis to its end stops then after that my printer will stop it want proceed with the printing process however I do not have my extruder hooked up
April 30, 2016 12:27PM
When you slice, set the temps to 0 and then you need to disable the cold extrusion prevention by sending a M302 before starting the print. Using the usual settings in the slicer, the printer will always wait for the hotend to rise to the set temperature and the firmware won't allow printing below the cold extrusion temperature. The M302 will no longer be active after a printer reset.
April 30, 2016 01:08PM
I was thinking it was something to do with my temps its been driving me crazy lol ... if its not to much trouble is there any way u can slice a little opject and set that up and post the file here
April 30, 2016 01:41PM
This is a simple nickel test. All temps set to 0. It does do a G29, auto-bed level, it should be ignored if you don't have that enabled. Send a M302 before printing, it should work. I've set Slic3r to add 0_ABS in front of the base filename for when ABS settings are used.
The stl is at [www.thingiverse.com]

The first file is for a 200mm wide by 300mm deep bed.
Second file is for a 205x205 bed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2016 01:47PM by stephenrc.
Attachments:
open | download - 0_ABS_nickel_test.gcode (82.9 KB)
open | download - 0_ABS_nickel_test2.gcode (82.9 KB)
April 30, 2016 02:20PM
Okay thank u so much I'll try this how do I send a m302 what do you mean ?
April 30, 2016 05:24PM
In Pronterface, bottom right hand side, next to the send button. Type M302 in the box and press send.

Repetier Host: select the Manual Control tab and at the top is a place to type in M302 and click send.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login