Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feed problem

Posted by bkohn1 
Feed problem
June 17, 2016 09:33PM
Hi everyone. I have a QUBD TwoUp with several modifications. All of a sudden it decided not to feed correctly anymore. It has started skipping and grinding while feeding. I didn't make any changes to cause this. To try to solve it, I have adjusted the tension on the idler, adjusted the current in the motor, cleaned the drive gear and turned up the temp. I've also taken the hot end apart completely to make sure it was clean. It was. I have tried two completely different extruder assemblies. And most recently, I replaced the nozzle. I can't figure this out. I wish I could attach a video, but even a short one is way too large. Please help!
Re: Feed problem
June 18, 2016 04:02PM
I would try swapping the motor and see if the motor is broken.
June 19, 2016 10:00PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work either. I'm really baffled by this. Any other suggestions?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2016 10:01PM by bkohn1.
June 20, 2016 08:47AM
Check stepper motor wires and connection to the board, and swap stepper drivers if you can do it with your board.
June 21, 2016 09:06AM
Wires and connections are good. Swapped driver. No luck. I'm pretty sure it's not a motor/torque issue because the motor continues to turn. It's just grinding the filament when it clicks. Last night I removed the Teflon tubing. Still grinding. I can push filament thru by hand just fine. I have attached a video. Be sure to have the sound on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2016 09:34AM by bkohn1.
Attachments:
open | download - trim.B6615BAE-1AD0-4B52-A752-AD6716BF763A.MOV (588.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login