Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Downhill..

Posted by Sam Torbert 
Downhill..
June 24, 2016 09:52PM
So recently I got an old cubeX duo, that had a shorted out control board. Once I got it home I stripped it down, and and replace the board with a RAMPS board. It took me about two weeks to get everything set up, and after a few terrible prints I finally got it working beautifully. It printed off calibration cubes, bridging tests and models of the Eiffel tower much better than the original machine ever could have. Until last night. Yesterday I decided that my printer really needed a proper spool holder, so I went into inventor, designed one, and five hours later it was printed without a hiccup. After it was done, I attached it to the printer got the new roll of filament on it and made sure it was extruding, then I turned off the printer and called it a night. This morning I decided that I wanted to try to print this really cool multi tool I found on thingiverse. (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:819075) I sliced it in Cura turned on the printer, put the sd card in hit print, waited for the nozzle to heat up and then it was down hill from there... It homed the z axis, but as soon as the endstop was triggered the printer turned off. I rebooted it, tried again, and it actually homed that time, but then it started printing about 2 cm from the print bed. I stopped the print, and then tried again, but the next time it would print a couple of layers, then re home itself and then drag the nozzle through what it had already printed. At that point I then re-flashed the arduinno. After rebooting the printer seemed to working fine, but then the extruder stepper started skipping rapidly, and then on the last five layers of the print the x axis randomly moved to the left about the size of the print. When I discovered this I tried to move the x stepper by hand (with steppers disengaged) and it was incredibly hard to move, even when I turned the machine off. However when I unplugged the motor it turned easily. I am out of ideas, can anybody offer any suggestions?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2016 09:53PM by Sam Torbert.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login