Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Increase infill flow rate with slic3r

Posted by v1talogy 
Increase infill flow rate with slic3r
December 16, 2017 08:03AM
Good day fellow reprappers,

Do any of you know if there is a way to increase the flow rate of my prints during the slicing process with slic3r? I find that my flow rate is far too little and the only solution thus far is to increase the flow rate (150%) manually while printing infill, and set it back to 100% during solid or top layers. This is quite frustrating. I have also set the infill extrusion width to 150% with no luck.

I have read through the slic3r documentation/manual and as far as I can tell this is not possible. I just thought I would ask in any case, maybe someone knows of an alternative solution.

My top/bottom and perimeter layers are fine, it is just the infill (at say 15%) that does not extrude enough. I have tried various temperatures and speeds (slower speeds seems to work better).

Prusa i3 / Marlin

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2017 09:41AM by v1talogy.
Re: Increase infill flow rate with slic3r
December 16, 2017 10:17AM
Go to the print settings>advanced page and set the line width for infill manually. I don't use percentages. Use the desired width in mm for all settings.

The infill pattern you use matters, too. If you choose rectilinear infill, each line is bridging across the previous layer lines, so it looks pretty thin and you'll see gaps under each line. If you want don't want the bridging, use the grid (or triangles, or stars, etc.) option- it will draw both sets of lines for the grid on each layer. The lines will look thicker and the infill will be stronger because the lines are all bonded to each other along their lengths instead of just at the intersections.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Increase infill flow rate with slic3r
December 16, 2017 11:03AM
Some great advice the_digital_dentist, thanks!

I never thought of changing the infill pattern, I do indeed use rectilinear and I suspect that is the reason as you mentioned.

This is the only time I have used a percentage value as opposed to a quantified value in mm, I will try the mm option and also a different infill pattern. I guess the rectilinear option prints the fastest (I think) so I just had that as default.
I will assume this solves my problem and I will respond to this post if it does NOT solve the problem (for in case any person in the future may look for a solution to this problem).

Thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login