Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Over extrusion on small areas

Posted by Beengie 
Over extrusion on small areas
April 03, 2018 11:12PM
I am getting build up on small areas of a solid infill. When the path is longer than about 6-7mm, the infill is correct. However, if the path is less than ~6mm, then it seems to be over extruding or building up in that area.
What might cause this? Is this a jerk setting for the extruder? Is this a retract setting?
I apologize if this has been asked and answered before. I cannot find any information here or on google.
Re: Over extrusion on small areas
April 04, 2018 07:36PM
if you have a long path say 20mm is the first 5-6mm still affected?

My thinking is that you may have some form of pressure advance or after a retract extra feed is enabled that is feeding a little too much filament in prep to lay down a line, so the first few mm has more plastic than it needs.

The idea is to load enough filament in the hot end to over come what is being lost to gravity during a non printing move.
Retraction pulls the filament away from the tip, but a little melted is still there and strings or blobs out, the filament is then pushed back to the hotend but with a little more than retracted to replace what was lost during the non print move.
If this amount is too much then when it starts to lay down the line it has too much and over extrudes for a few mm until it uses up that extra.

reduce the extra feed amount slightly and increase speed of non print moves.

I am assuming a bit here btw smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login