Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kisslicer, MedelMax, PVA filament and Dual head printers

Posted by MotoBarsteward 
Kisslicer, MedelMax, PVA filament and Dual head printers
September 04, 2012 05:42PM
I've been playing around with kisslicer a bit over the last couple of days and I'm impressed with the print quality and especially impressed with the support material generation. It's kind of inspired me to build a bigger, more, stable printer using 20mm extrusion with a beafed up X axis to take a dual header extruder. The idea being to print support using poly vinyl alchohol and structure in PLA or ABS.
Before I start on this endeavour, I'd like to know, other than Makerbot, has anyone got experience of doing this already? I'd like to build on their work rather than just having to learn all the lessons that they have already learnt.

I realise that this may not quite be the correct forum for this but by whole endeavour depends on being able to print PVA support structure with one head and have it work well with PLA or ABS. Obviously, I'm hoping that removing the PVA support is simply a matter or washing in warm water.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Re: Kisslicer, MedelMax, PVA filament and Dual head printers
September 05, 2012 09:41PM
That sounds very familiar, I started using Kisslicer a couple months ago and the support is really awesome except for trying to remove it. I however would like to be able to easily enclose the print area to allow a more equal temperature during printing for polycarbonate.
I have not used PVA yet but from the research i have done the big problem is that ABS doesn't like to stick to it, I do not have any first hand experience however if someone does please comment. I mostly use PLA currently and still plan on adding a second extruder to my prusa and hopefully eventually my enclosed printer if I ever get it it finished.
Re: Kisslicer, MedelMax, PVA filament and Dual head printers
September 07, 2012 02:38AM
I've started to blog my development: -

MotoRepRap blog

Gulf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That sounds very familiar, I started using
> Kisslicer a couple months ago and the support is
> really awesome except for trying to remove it. I
> however would like to be able to easily enclose
> the print area to allow a more equal temperature
> during printing for polycarbonate.
> I have not used PVA yet but from the research i
> have done the big problem is that ABS doesn't like
> to stick to it, I do not have any first hand
> experience however if someone does please comment.
> I mostly use PLA currently and still plan on
> adding a second extruder to my prusa and hopefully
> eventually my enclosed printer if I ever get it it
> finished.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login