Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z wobble on something different

Posted by Davik 
Z wobble on something different
April 19, 2018 10:26PM
OK, so there has probability been other posts asking how to correct the z wobble issue on a 3D printer. I only post this because the majority of these z wobble issues come from printers with prusa kennimatics. My printer is an oddity mainly because it is a delta printer that uses leadscrews. The wobble isn’t terrible enough to actually affect print surfaces, but it causes noticeable scarring on the print surfaces -especially flat ones. I know for a fact that the 8mm threaded rods are not perfectly straight, but what I do not know is how to deal with it. Do I tighten everything up, adding extra restraints to the bottoms of the rods, or do I do the opposite- loosening everything so they have room to wiggle? Attached (coming soon) are some pictures of my issues along with an image of my printer setup
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0590.PNG (334 KB)
open | download - IMG_0587.PNG (477.9 KB)
Re: Z wobble on something different
April 20, 2018 02:55AM
We've discussed the leadscrew-wobble issue in the delta section in DjDemon's thread about a Delta in a fishtank.
I think, we agreed to invent an anti-wobble bearing between the screw-nut and the carrier. But that requires a linear guide for the carrier.
Re: Z wobble on something different
April 20, 2018 11:57AM
Could you please give me a link to this forum thread to that I can read it ?
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login