Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random displacement of layers

Posted by green_domingo 
Random displacement of layers
September 09, 2012 03:38PM
Hello!
Already that week I am suffering with the problem, reprint and rebuilt half of the printer, but the vertical surfaces is still not smooth. In what could be the reason?
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpg (119 KB)
open | download - 2.jpg (75.1 KB)
open | download - 3.jpg (79.5 KB)
open | download - 4.jpg (77.6 KB)
Re: Random displacement of layers
September 10, 2012 11:50PM
what type of printer?
which slicing software and layer heights?

first place to look is z axis. Assuming some sort of prusa design, is your z axis constrained?
September 11, 2012 04:23AM
Printer is Prusa with [www.thingiverse.com] and [www.thingiverse.com]. But without Z lower stabilizer the same.

Slicing software - KISSlicer and slic3r - there is no difference. Layer heights 0.4 ΠΌΠΌ.
September 18, 2012 10:54PM
I recently had the exact same problem. To solve the problem I switched from a standard threaded rod to a ACME lead screw (nut - McMaster, Lead screw - McMaster ), I added a lower and upper bearing stabilizer and a manufactured x and y belt pulley. Total about $60 USD. Now I have nearly perfect prints. One last issue causing minor issues for me is random fluctuation in filament thickness.
September 19, 2012 02:44PM
I've been getting similar results with my Printrbot lately. For a while, I thought it was a software thing but now I narrowed it down to my Z axis rod being off alignment. I think what happened is that I over tightened my X axis belt causing my X carriage rails to slightly bend thus making my z rods spin at an angle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login