Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Color mixing problems

Posted by iljawasbezet 
Color mixing problems
September 10, 2018 03:11PM
Hi,

My name is Ilja and I am the owner of a modded Tevo Tarantula. Which is still a work in progress:

I have added the diamond hotend for color mixing (chinese knock-off). The printer is working well, apart from some tweaking and calibrating. Then I started to print in multicolor with repetier and slic3r, followed this guide: [www.reprap.org]. The result is far off the rainbow colors displayed on the wiki of reprap.

It looks like that the colors arnt mixing together as it should. For example:

When printing orange, there is still a line of yello visible. And when looking from another angle you can distinct the different colors used for mixing.

Im printing 210c PLA

Could this be a temperature issue? Or does this depend on the quality of PLA used, or can it be the cheap diamond hotend?

Thanks in advance
Re: Color mixing problems
September 10, 2018 08:56PM
You were sold a lie

mixing extruders like this do not mix!!! There is no such thing (so far) as a real mixing extruder

they extrude toothpaste like extrusion that is a combination of the multiple filaments. Thus you get fun different colors from different angles

Most rely on squishing the colors together at print time by using a fine layer heights

So play with your layer heights
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login