Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z Wobble or missing step? Tronxy x5s-400

Posted by dave_the_fav 
Z Wobble or missing step? Tronxy x5s-400
May 28, 2019 04:50AM
Hi

I built a Tronxy x5s-400 (400x400x400 buildvolume, corexy) with a titan aero extruder and a bigtreetech skt 1.3 board (marlin 2.0) and DRV8825 drivers.

im struggling to get a flat walls off the printer:

Does anyone have a suggestion weather my problem is a wobbly z axis or if there is a skipped step?
Or an entiery different reason?

Regards
Dave
Re: Z Wobble or missing step? Tronxy x5s-400
May 28, 2019 05:50AM
Looks like at least one skipped step on the x/y axis.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
May 28, 2019 08:36AM
Looks exactly like my 3D Printer's Prints when the smooth rods linear bearings are not properly lubricated,
Have you tried to clean the bearings and re-lubricate them.

Great Bearing Cleaning video
[www.youtube.com]

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
May 28, 2019 12:05PM
Roberts_Clif
Looks exactly like my 3D Printer's Prints when the smooth rods linear bearings are not properly lubricated,
Have you tried to clean the bearings and re-lubricate them.

Great Bearing Cleaning video
[www.youtube.com]

Same here. Typically I'll see that "line" all the way through the print, which is a big hint that you skipped a 'Z' layer. Logically, that makes no sense, because it would mean that you are just putting down a layer at the same layer that you just did if you skipped it. (Conjecture)But what could actually be happening is that you do a z-hop on retract and your bed got stuck at the hop location and didn't drop back to where it should be when the Z layer change occurs, making you one layer high. You still get a "mostly decent" layer adhesion because your z-hop isn't much more than a layer up. You may need to check for other binding issues like bad bearings or non-parallel vertical rods. You may also want to check your stepper shaft connection for loose grub screws or gunk in a belt.

IMO,
DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
May 29, 2019 06:39AM
Thanks for the inputs. im going to look into it. Ill report back
May 29, 2019 08:48AM
What happens is the bearing are packed with a inferior grease, in the grease is little pieces of metal shards and other debris.
At any unknown time any of these little piece of debris bind the bearing enough to miss a single step.

I have had many layer shifts caused by inferior linear bearings and improperly lubricated lead-screws Shown from least to worst.

Left Model has minimum-al shifting XY
Both model has improper infill overlap / too thin of exterior walls

Best printed with multiple exterior walls 10% infill overlap.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2019 09:00AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
May 31, 2019 09:57AM
What layer height did you print this? Is it a multiple of a single step of the z stepper motor? If not it may cause some interference patterns.

The DRV8825 driver isn't the best for 3D printing. When I tested these drivers I've found that they skipped steps and gave me less smooth results. I'd try A4988 drivers or the trinamic ones. Check if the motor current is sufficient to smoothly run the carriage up and down the z axis. Test it at full speed ie (first home all axes):
G1 Z200 F18000
G1 Z0 F18000
G1 Z200 F18000
G1 Z0 F18000

Run it as a print so that each command is run as fast as possible. Check the nozzle z home position to find out if any steps are skipped.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login