Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black Gunk on Rails

Posted by Sniper4395 
Black Gunk on Rails
September 29, 2012 07:33PM
Hey guys/gals,

Been having a lot of this black gunk build up on the rails and I'm not sure where its coming from. Hope you can see it in the pictures! Been lubricating with White Lithuim Grease which comes in a spray can. The printer is newly built/operational, so I'm not sure if this will be a recurring problem. The rails do seem to run better after cleaning this gunk off and adding fresh grease.

One more problem I've been having is a ton of vibration on the extruder only while moving right, so none while moving left. Could dust or something have caused the linear bearings to bind in one direction? Tomorrow ill post a sort video of it. Been thinking about adding another bearing to help stabilize the whole thing.

Thank you for your time,
-Tom
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (443.6 KB)
Re: Black Gunk on Rails
October 01, 2012 07:10AM
The black stuff is becaus when you buy a rod like that they are coated with some grease and dirt so thats the thing you have now but thats no problem.

Charlie
Re: Black Gunk on Rails
October 02, 2012 08:54PM
Thank you!

This might not have been worth a new topic, but at least now other new guys can search it and find this out.

Figured out the wiggle as well. If you own a Printrbot, stick another linear bearing on the X-Axis and make sure whichever Extruder your using the weight is centered. My Wades' Accessible with a heavy motor was causing a lot of shaking.

-Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login