Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle tip width and little sheres on print

Posted by Dirty Steve 
Nozzle tip width and little sheres on print
October 04, 2012 01:46AM
Does anyone have a good ratio between the nozzle diameter and the width of the tip? I'm running a 0.25mm nozzle with the width of the tip at 1mm. The tip is flat without rounded edges. Printing ABS at 0.15 layer, extruder at 240, bed at 110.

It's a Wildseyed hot end variation that's working pretty well except that I am getting what almost looks like micro-spheres on perimeter crossing, and now and then a less than spider-web sized stringing. The nozzle is a mig welder tip, slowly hammer formed from .6mm down to .25mm, so I can easily modify the tip itself.

I've dialed in slic3r 0.9.4 really close and I've tuned in the extruder retract as far as I can without sucking back in deposited material and leaving a hole. I am not using Z lift as it was pulling plastic out of the tip when I first got my printer running, maybe now that I've tuned everything else I should check out some Z lift again.

The little spheres almost seem like they are from the edge of the nozzle tip picking up a little material from the print during transition moves. I think it looks a bit different from oozing, which I dealt with earlier in my configuration.

Oh, I'm printing with a Chineese TB6560 board and mach3. Getting pretty good results otherwise.

Could this be part of the quality of the filament I'm using? Purchased from reprapper.com, have only been using black for calibration but also have a spool of white, and silver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 01:47AM by Dirty Steve.
Re: Nozzle tip width and little sheres on print
October 06, 2012 11:39AM
Got the ooze cleaned up some, any thoughts on nozzle tip?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 11:41AM by Dirty Steve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login