Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues after latest Marlin

Posted by sass0 
Issues after latest Marlin
December 13, 2021 05:41AM
Hey guys,

Well, im new to 3D printing and dont actually quite know where to turn for support but i hope this will do.
So, i bought a DIY printer that some guy did out of aluminium with quite nice bits and pieces to have a sturdy frame, a nice heated bed sitting on linear profiles etc. 2 steppers for the Z axis, one for X and Y.
The printer runs on Fysetc F6 board with TMC2100 for Z and E0, TMC 2208 for X and Y. Mechanical endstop switches on every axis.

Controlled through Fysetc Touch Screen (4.3) and my OctoPi.

So, im not really experienced with 3D printers but i am hobbyist and i like to keep my stuff in order with the latest firmware. The printer came with a 2.0.Buxfixes version of Marlin, so i decided to update it to the latest stable.
After building the firmware from scratch with PlatformIO got a few issues (had to invert the Z axis and Y) since my extruder wanted to travel to the moon when homing and Y because my bed wanted to jump out of the frame.

After that i noticed the mechanical endstops were not functioning (i could see them triggered with G code) but they did not do a thing when the bed traveled, which i solved with #define ENDSTOPS_ALWAYS_ON_DEFAULT i guess and now the printer
itself homes perfectly (nozzle stays in front left conrer of the bed when homing).

After that i did;
- Extruder calibration (E Value) with calculating steps and getting perfect on M92 E command (full 100mm of filament)
- Hotend PID autotune
- HotBed PID autotune

The issues now;
1. When i start printing, prints start at the end of the table, not center and since it pushes the bed to the limit its not good of course. Tried solving it defining bed center (#define BED_CENTER_AT_100_78; my bed is 200x280. When i actually push
the G code for G0 X100 Y78 it centers perfectly.
My Configuration.h has the right dimensions of the bed, X_MIN_POS and Y_MIN_POS are set to 0; X_MAX_POS and Y are set to Y; X_BED_SIZE.

Tried offseting with slicer; doesnt work. Did not try M206 yet, but i wanted to solve it with firmware since i dont want to keep forgetting about it.

2. My prints are shit right now. Cant even call them prints, more of a spaghetti dragging on the bed. Keep in mind with the previous FW version prints were decent looking, just wanted to learn about the HW settings of the machine, do a firmware update and all the calibration to bring them from that medium level to high.
Didnt change a thing about the whole printing process, but i can see my Z axis is a bit high when printing starts (had the bed leveled on the end-stop with the bed warm to 90C). Deleted every G code from the start script, tried multiple options + a different slicer (im using Simplify3D, Cura) and the problem still exists.

Im betting this is a SW thing since it worked fine with previous version (which of course i dont have a backup of). My fysetc LCD is now not working (PRINT menu, cant enter, MOVE menu is working but not moving anything, AUTO HOME not working, ... Filament load/unload) i mean the screen actually works (changed the port from 3 to 2 since i was stuck at boot logo)
but cant use functions, my temperatures dont show. Its like certain data is not getting to the LCD both ways.

I defined DGUS_LCD_UI_FYSETC.

Kind of in the dark here, any help or suggestion appreciated. Thanks!

Info on the machine;
Fysetc F6, TMC 2100, TMC 2208, 200x280 heated bed, Cartesian style, Titan extruder, Phaetus Dragonfly hotend.
Re: Issues after latest Marlin
December 13, 2021 04:47PM
Ok, so i solved a few things.

1. XY offset was due to stepper's reading incorect. Did not set 40 steps / per mm instead of 80 in the FW. Found this by a lucky coincidence since i wanted to set the offset in FW and was checking how the printer was reading this stuff. Got my attention when it showed -140 in home position. Solved this for Y and Z axis. Now after calibration my prints are ok (previously he did lifted 0,4 nozzle instead of 0,2 layer height - stepper fault)

Still going with the LCD problem... Any clues?
Found a guy with the same issue;

For me functions dont work and this stuff is instead of text..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login