Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ABS Extruder Problems

Posted by nefermu 
ABS Extruder Problems
November 09, 2012 01:07AM
Hi I have built a reprap and I am trying to test plastic melting and extruder etc.

It feels like it require too much force to extrude abs from nozzle. In order to solve that I have tried to increase the temperature up.

Pronterface software sets ABS temperature to 230 C but it seems not enough, I have tested heat up to 275 C but at some point temperature started to decrease immediately.

Main problem seems to be thermoucouple, heater not calibrated properly. Do you have any other suggestions ?

I am using sanguinololu

Thanks
Re: ABS Extruder Problems
November 10, 2012 08:49AM
There may be safety temperature value compiled into firmware, 270C in one case. Heater is disabled if hotend temperature trips this value.
Check MAXTEMP in configuration.h
November 10, 2012 09:01AM
What hotend are you using?

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
March 29, 2013 04:25AM
hai,
i am doing profile extrution with ABS what is the cooling water temperature should be there??
regard s
May 04, 2013 11:20AM
I had a problem with the hob loading up with plastic filament. This causes a slippage and the filament stops feeding.
The hot end works great, 40 watts with a custom brass nozzle. The brass maintains the heat at a constant 235.
I tried air pressure to clean out the hob, but this process is a real pain.
So I tried some heat sink paste, which I applied sparingly to the filament.
Works great!!!! THE HOB STAYS CLEAN, NO PLASTIC BUILD UP.
Just one small step for mankind and one giant leap for problem free extruders.
June 25, 2013 01:51PM
Since I have re-adjusted my whole extruder I haven't had any clogged teeth on my hobbed bolt. I think it also comes down to having the idler pressing very firmly against your filament.

275º seems too hot. Please calibrate it and don't just try to work with temperatures like that, even if they are just a number which resembles a temp around 230º.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login