Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis lifts up on start of print

Posted by RepRapMza 
Z axis lifts up on start of print
November 11, 2012 11:36AM
Hello Everybody, first post on the forum spinning smiley sticking its tongue out ...

First of all excuse the english since it's not my first language.

Here's the thing... I have a problem with the Z axis elevating about 1mm everytime I start a print (on initial traveling). It seems to be happening by default, and don't know how to modify it. This separates the nozzle from the bed and causes the first layer not to attach properly. It might be a simple setting issue, but I cannot find the solution to it.

I'm using Slic3r + Pronterface + a Mendel Prusa with Marlin.
Re: Z axis lifts up on start of print
November 11, 2012 09:48PM
Hi and welcome,

Are you using Slic3r? In Configure, under Printer Settings > General > Size and Coordinates, can you confirm that "Z offset" is set to 0?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2012 09:54PM by michael521.

Michael
IC3D Printers
November 14, 2012 10:15PM
Hi Michael, thanks for responding

Yes, I am using Slic3r and Z offset is set to 0.

I noticed that when I load the resulting g-code (making sure z offset is 0) in Pronterface, the run says "the print goes from 0.300000 mm to 9.900000 mm in Z
and is 9.600000 mm high", and it is those ".3mm" I want to get rid off.

thanks for helping and hope I'm being clear
November 28, 2012 02:11PM
Did you ever figure out what caused this offset? I had a similar issue a few days ago. I was printing fine for a couple days and then all of the sudden this would happen. It would home properly but then when it would start printing I saw it raise slightly. I never got around to figuring it out because my hot end (Budaschnozzle) melted partially. I'm waiting for replacement parts now.
November 28, 2012 02:59PM
If he was using 0.9.x then perhaps First Layer (in Print Settings under Advanced) was set to 200% or similar. Try setting First Layer to 0.

-Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login