Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

GCode Issue?

Posted by sulley 
GCode Issue?
December 31, 2012 07:48AM
Hello All,

Got a Huxley for xmas, it's all together and working, did my first successful print last night after a few teething problems, but it's now working.

One thing I noticed from this first print is that later layers become very 'spongy', which I assume is due to heat build up. So... onto thingiverse I went and downloaded a fan clamp to hold a fan to cool the print. However, I think I've got a problem with the gcode though. Initially I printed through USB and there was a hickup where it missed a load of steps and it messed up the print. I was doing other things on my laptop at the time so I thought it could have been me that caused it, although this is USB, not old school parallel! Anyway, this morning I put the gcode on the SD card and printed it from the SD card and I think it happened at the same point again! (not 100% certain on layer number, but location was the same).

I looked through the gcode for random feed rates (Fxxx) and can't see anything out of the ordinary, but I'm not all that familiar with gcode. I've put the gcode through OpenSCAM and it looks fairly normal. (I think)

Could anyone help me out and take a look or even print the attached GCode please? Any advice is also very welcome!

Thanks,

Rob
Attachments:
open | download - fan_mount_38.rar (35 KB)
Re: GCode Issue?
January 03, 2013 02:17AM
Don't worry guys, turns out it was down to my own stupidity. A couple of things were going on. firstly the pully on the stepper wasn't pushed on far enough so the belt wasn't completely on it, also it turns out that there is a y axis tensioner which I hadn't inserted(!!), and to make sure I slowed down the travel rates from the default.

Now I'm getting excellent prints!

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login