Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS V 1.4 on a Prusa V2 Linear and heating problems

Posted by Heliboy 
RAMPS V 1.4 on a Prusa V2 Linear and heating problems
January 29, 2013 10:08AM
I just purchased and assembled a Prusa V2 from MakerFarm. I was able to put it together easily and run the motors, etc. I am running sprinter right now but can't seem to get the nozzle thermistor to regulate the nozzle resistor/heater correctly. The nozzle heater ramps up and on next read will show 0, then 300, then 0 or some other sequence.

I thought I had a short but the ohm meter said no., is there as chance something is shorting once it starts to heat or do I have another problem? I really want to run Marlin on this but am unsure of the settings for the Prusa V2 Linear on Marlin.

If anybody has any quick answers I'd appreciate it.

JOSH
Re: RAMPS V 1.4 on a Prusa V2 Linear and heating problems
January 29, 2013 11:11AM
Sounds like you need to change your thermistor type in your firmware. Also after you have normal temp readings, do a PID autotune on your hotend, and then re-compile your firmware with the values given to you by the PID autotune.

And you'll definitely need to set your steps/mm properly for all axis'. Default settings are likely not what you need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2013 11:12AM by xclusive585.
Re: RAMPS V 1.4 on a Prusa V2 Linear and heating problems
January 29, 2013 11:31AM
Thanks for the quick response. I'm using Ponterface right now, settings are shown in link.
Are there other settings? These are definetly right or at least close enough to allow for further testing.
I'll have to look through settings for motors., I know the z height is low but everything else looks acceptable to start.

JOSH
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login