Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Squeaking Extruder

Posted by alexbil 
Squeaking Extruder
March 04, 2013 04:54PM
Hello everyone,
I recently ordered a Reprappro Mendel, and finished the whole assembly. Everything works fine, excep one thing : the extruder.
It is squeaking, and the large gear does not rotate (the large gear oscillates but does not move).
I checked the current as it is written in the wiki, and tried to increase it, but there is no difference...It is still squeazing
Does someone have a solution, or an idea of what I could do to eventually print ?
Thank you !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2013 02:01AM by alexbil.

Reprappro Mendel, plus d'informations pour le montage et le calibrage sur [velocirepraptor.com]
Re: Squeazing Extruder
March 04, 2013 07:48PM
Not sure what you mean by "Squeazing". Anyway, have you tried running the motor without filament?
Re: Squeaking Extruder
March 05, 2013 02:02AM
Yes, no problem without the filament. I think the force is too high to extrude, but I don't see why..
March 05, 2013 02:37AM
What kind of material do you extrude and at which temperature ?
March 05, 2013 04:13AM
I use PLA (provided with my Reprappro kit), 1,75mm at 205°C. I also tried a little higher, around 215°C, nothing change
March 05, 2013 05:27AM
Well it sounds like a constriction somewhere in the hot end, preventing the filament from feeding.
March 05, 2013 12:32PM
Make sure you have all the wires intact to the motor.
I had the same symptoms when one of my wires broke.
March 05, 2013 02:45PM
Thank you for the advice, I'll dismount the exrtruder to see if there is a constriction in the hot end, or a broken wire... I'll tell you !
This is a weird problem, as sometimes the extruder works, and all of a sudden it starts squeaking..
March 06, 2013 04:14AM
I tried both things : checking the wire and dismounting the hot end to clean it... I still have the problem. If anyone can help me smiling smiley
March 06, 2013 06:07PM
alexbil Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for the advice, I'll dismount the
> exrtruder to see if there is a constriction in the
> hot end, or a broken wire... I'll tell you !
> This is a weird problem, as sometimes the extruder
> works
, and all of a sudden it starts squeaking..

Well, I didn't realize that! Have you checked the motor connector that plugs into the mainboard? No pins pushed back? Or maybe a dry/ bad joint on the board?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2013 06:33PM by waitaki.
March 07, 2013 05:21AM
Yes I checked the wires, unplug everything, still the same problem. Maybe my nema14 has a problem, or the large gear is damaded..
March 07, 2013 03:14PM
Does that motor meet the torque requirements?
March 08, 2013 04:28AM
How can I check that ?
It's a Nema14 provided by Reprappro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login