Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heated Piezo for jetting Wax Ink

Posted by Malden 
Heated Piezo for jetting Wax Ink
May 03, 2013 05:37PM
I'm working on a Stainless Steel piezo that can be heated to jet colored wax. This is to be used as a "Mask" for printed circuit board fabrication.

This process eliminates the need for photo resist and development of a copper clad board. Instead, I use my 3-D printer as a 2-D printer where a board can be placed on my bed and printed directly from Eagle PCB layout software. Then the copper board can be etched and used.

Here is a link to some of the work that I've completed so far. If there is any interest I can share the design files, schematic circuit used, and some of the important features of this design.

This device can be used for SO many other things besides PC board fabrication. The wax might be able to make 3-D objects but at the very least it can be used to label numbers and letters of your PLA parts. And an image could be applied to a surface of any 3-D printer device.

Here is a link to my page: [www.reprap.org]

Regards,

M
Attachments:
open | download - Image1.jpg (57.4 KB)
open | download - Solid_Ink_Droplets_04-22-2013_A.jpg (61.3 KB)
Re: Heated Piezo for jetting Wax Ink
May 04, 2013 09:52AM
Nice work, Malden. Have you considered combining this post and the pictures in the wiki into a proper wiki page?

Editing the wiki is easy, just hit the "edit" button on a similar page and copy the source from there to have a template.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

May 06, 2013 12:54PM
I'll work on making a proper wiki in the next few days.

Mike
May 06, 2013 06:41PM
I may need a little more detail that this.

I have a "User Constructions" page that I left a link to in the post. I don't know where to copy the edited content to.

For example, I wen to [reprap.org] and I can go into his edit tab. Where do I copy this to?

Thanks,

Mike
May 07, 2013 07:00AM
As your work is something new, a new wiki page would probably be a good idea. You can use the search field to search for the name of the new, not yet existing page and the wiki will offer you to create it.

Linking to the user constructions contributions page isn't a good idea. This page also receives all your edits, so it outdates quickly. If you want to just plunk down the pictures, you can use a gallery. Example: [reprap.org]

For putting pictures alongside the text, they're usualy put to the right side. Example: [reprap.org]

An intermediate of the two above is making tables with the pictures: [reprap.org]

In all cases, simply look for pages with a layout similar to what you want, hit the edit button there and look how it's done. Copy text there, insert it into your own page and replace the names of the pictures. For more detail, there's a "Editing help" link at the bottom of every edit page. Wiki markup is fairly simple to learn; the "Preview" button will show you what you'd get.

P.S.: sorry to link examples of only my own work. That's what I know best.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

August 20, 2013 01:27PM
Hey Mike, I just stumbled over your cool project. Who knew it would be hidden away down in a part of the forum I don't read very often smiling smiley ! I noticed you have some interesting files uploaded to the wiki, but not all of them are linked on your writeup. Would you mind if someone else edited the page a little so that all of your files and images would display?

Also, I'm interested to learn more details about how your extruder works. Are you still working on this?

-Matt
August 23, 2013 12:33AM
Hi Matt,

I can use all the help that I can get. I got delayed a bit but want to finish it up soon.

I can get you more images and the technical write up in a week or so. But I don't have the magic it takes to make it web-page presentable.

I do have it working well enough to state the drop size and show images of what I call success.

More later. Thanks for the offer and take care,

Mike A.
malden1960@gmail.com
September 01, 2013 12:06AM
Hi Mike, I edited the wiki page and fixed the links to the media you have already uploaded. Feel free to send new material and results if you ever the get chance!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login