Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sloping back along Y-Axis ?

Posted by Mickman 
sloping back along Y-Axis ?
August 13, 2013 08:24AM
I am 90% there... prints are starting to become smoother but the Y-Axis is sloping back along with each layer.

I've attached an image of a calibration cube I just printed.

I believe I need to adjust the Y-Axis to compensate for this drifting backwards. X-Axis is great and my steps along the Z-axis height are fine too.

so what's the best way to adjust this Y-axis problem... in the calibration.h file or is there a physical adjustment I can make to the printer itself
I'm on a Prusa i3.

CalibrationCube Image

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2013 08:44AM by Mickman.
Re: sloping back along Y-Axis ?
August 13, 2013 04:12PM
Looks like lost steps. Try a touch more current on the stepper driver. Maybe a slipping pulley. Not a calibration issue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2013 04:13PM by Dale Dunn.
August 18, 2013 10:16PM
Everytime I've had this issue it's been related to belt tension. I would tighten the belt in that axis and re-try the print. For a quicker test, try the 0.5mm thin wall cube found on the Wiki: [reprap.org]
August 23, 2013 11:13PM
It may help to see the PTPG [www.reprap.org]
with a list of the usual suspects.
August 24, 2013 05:09PM
Another thing to check if the other suggestions check out ok, is to make sure your z-axis is perpendicular to the print bed
August 25, 2013 09:10AM
I'm checking the belt tension.. I think this could be the culprit.. not certain though as I can't perform another print till I work out why my hetbed has stopped heating sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login