Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

false position / parts are mirrored

Posted by m.schmitt 
false position / parts are mirrored
September 25, 2013 06:32PM
Hey, after a couple of weeks I need a little bit of help again.

I printed out some funny things from thingiverse but most of the time symetric parts.
I finished drawing a case for my (noname) smartphone last friday. Then I wanted to print it out, but it's mirrored! The holes for the buttons on the left are on the right side. I know how I can turn it in Autodesk Autocad, but there might be an easier way, isn't it?

It occurs the X-Axis on my draw sheet's

Thanks,
Re: false position / parts are mirrored
September 26, 2013 01:08AM
Netfabb (free) has a mirror function- that should do it.

October 09, 2013 11:21PM
Did you compile your own firmware? (I know Marlin has options for defining the home position of an axis, and also the direction of it. For example, the X axis on my printer is mounted backwards on the machine (motor on rightside of mendelmax), and I home it to X=220. If I didn't have this set correctly, X would be mirrored on my machine.)

Anyway, if you compiled your own firmware I'd check the axis inversion settings in its configuration.

If it's flipped right-left, that's X, else Y is front-back.
Re: false position / parts are mirrored
October 09, 2013 11:42PM
Another thing to note that if your endstops are on the wrong side (either away from you and left, or towards you and right), that will also cause the mirroring problem. That's what did it for me when I ran into this issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login