Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

whats up with this print

Posted by horizonleatherco 
whats up with this print
February 16, 2014 02:33PM
hey there I was just wondering if anybody had any tips or has seen this problem before both of these things were built at the same time on the same palette and one has bubbles I can't figure out for the life of me what is causing this because one has a perfect print and the other seems odd

and just so you know I'm running a DIY raprap i2 with ramps 1.4 and the print was set at .2 layer height and .4 nozzel with 1.75 filament in ABS

any and all tips and suggestions are appreciated thanks you guys
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20140216_095518.jpg (440.5 KB)
Re: whats up with this print
February 17, 2014 11:55AM
My gut feeling tells me that it is a retraction issue. What are your retraction settings? Might want to decrease your retraction length.
February 17, 2014 12:11PM
your print looks really weird. I don't see the layers at all. have you tried calibrating the extruder?
February 18, 2014 04:21AM
thanks this the suggestions. I did some more calibration today and will try another print tomorrow of the same file. hopefully i can get this print right. I will post the new pic tomorrow I'm sure
February 18, 2014 05:42AM
Could be bad material before you go too crazy order some good material try to stay away from black or gray when your setting up your machine go with natural black or gray seems to be the catchall for scrap

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 05:58AM by cnc dick.
February 25, 2014 01:09PM
Are you storing your filament in sealed containers with desiccant?
March 02, 2014 04:08AM
Looks actually like the layers are pushed together. Flow settings to high? Z calibration? What's the teprature you print with and witch material?
April 09, 2014 04:05PM
Wich temperature are you heating up the nozzle? Try 240ÂșC, is a good temperature for ABS smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login