Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bonding between PLA and ABS

Posted by Kenzu 
Bonding between PLA and ABS
March 27, 2014 03:57AM
Hey

Yesterday it made a print with PLA as support material for ABS. It's just a test to setup my support settings i KISSlicer, before i start to use my PVA support material for PLA.
But to my surprise the PLA and ABS did not bond that well and I could break the support (PLA) of in one piece leaving no sign of PLA on the ABS part. (Black PLA on White ABS)
Anyone else that have played with PLA and ABS together?
Any tips for temperature, speed or other things to make ABS/PLA an easy to use support material?

Thanks

Jesper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2014 04:12AM by Kenzu.
Re: Bonding between PLA and ABS
March 27, 2014 04:32AM
Kenzu
Hey

Yesterday it made a print with PLA as support material for ABS. It's just a test to setup my support settings i KISSlicer, before i start to use my PVA support material for PLA.
But to my surprise the PLA and ABS did not bond that well and I could break the support (PLA) of in one piece leaving no sign of PLA on the ABS part. (Black PLA on White ABS)
Anyone else that have played with PLA and ABS together?
Any tips for temperature, speed or other things to make ABS/PLA an easy to use support material?

Thanks

Jesper

i was wondering how well it would work out using a big thin pla square as a raft for an abs print, have you got any photos?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

March 27, 2014 04:41AM
I will make some more test later today and take som pictures.

Any good stl model for testing?
March 27, 2014 04:49AM
how about two cubes, one on top of the other?

-=( blog )=- -=( thingiverse )=- -=( 3Dindustries )=- -=( Aluhotend - mostly metal hotend)=--=( Facebook )=-

March 27, 2014 05:08AM
My first test was this [www.thingiverse.com] printed upside down.
I don't want to print support as 100% fill / normal object, but as support and support interface that KISSlicer make.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login