Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega Prusa 3D Stuffmaker Problems

Posted by cheeko 
Mega Prusa 3D Stuffmaker Problems
April 15, 2014 01:53AM
Hi Guys

I have a Mega Prusa from 3D Stuffmaker, which i hate and which i never got,
i have owned it nearly 6 months and iv got 3 prints out of it one thing after another,

Ok now my problem is, my printer prints the first layer sweet no problems then the second layer and so on is slightly moved over but when they do the fill its alway between
trying to talk to 3D stuffmaker its like a brick wall, there like check this that etc, im thinking its the controller is shit and might need to upgrade

i would like to upgrade to a Ramps soon anyone one got any good kits

anyways i have attached a picture of my print which i just stopped at 3rd layer
you can see the first picture its starting the second layer and it all went down hill from there.

any ideas whats happening.

cheer s
Attachments:
open | download - Starting Second layer.jpg (111.6 KB)
open | download - 20140414_202009.jpg (113.1 KB)
open | download - 20140414_202015.jpg (110 KB)
Re: Mega Prusa 3D Stuffmaker Problems
April 16, 2014 06:52PM
This Has finally been Resolved, Jane was very helpful and the exact thing she told me to check fixed it,

Cheers 3D Stuffmaker

P.S Get a Dual extruder going.
May 25, 2015 07:00PM
I have the same problem and you are right, the customer support is horrible and I too wish I never bought it! I know your post is over a year old but perhaps I may get a reply from you of how you fixed yours before I receive one from 3d stuffmaker.
June 30, 2015 10:53PM
Hi Mate

I havn't used this printer in some time, but it had to do with the tourque settings on motors, i ended up mashing them so i made my own Pots like a volume nob.

I'm going to give my printer another go in next few weeks, its not bad printer if it works
July 01, 2015 06:26AM
If you need I can provide a current Marlin Firmware that I modified for the Stuffmaker.
Solves most of the annoying issues and offers full EEPROM support, so you can change the important firmware settings on the go.
And of course no more need for the non existing Stuffmaker support winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login