Infill/Support Problems
April 25, 2014 09:32PM
Just finished building a I3XL from DIYTechShop and I am having problems with infill and support on my printer.
I've gotten most of it calibrated to print correct dimensions, and it seems to print borders just fine but on infill and support structures where it moves fast it just seems to leave a LOT of holes.

Tried messing with extruder speeds and it works better if it extrudes faster but then the fine outside lines get rough due to over-extruding.
Attachments:
open | download - RepRapI3XL.jpg (551.4 KB)
Re: Infill/Support Problems
April 25, 2014 10:53PM
Think it might have been a setting in Kisslicer..
Tried Slic3r 1.1.1 and now it extrudes too much for the support and solid flat layers. Lol
Re: Infill/Support Problems
May 12, 2014 01:08AM
Hello,

The latest Slic3r 1.11(?) has several variables in the support and infill area including support spacing and the ability to print pillars for support. There are multiple areas where the user adjustable variables are interdependent this interdependence is not made very clear from the brief pop up windows that appear.

Printing is more art than science IMHO, so learning through experimentation is best. Rather than changing a bunch of variables, focus on the problem areas and alter one or two variables a t a time and keep written notes. Slicer has a section for this.

I am quite busy at the moment but if can manage to post a picture of your results and the slicer INI file, I will try to help within a few days.

NeilRG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login