Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vase printing issue

Posted by kevwal 
Vase printing issue
May 11, 2014 06:15AM
Hi

I have built a Prusa I3 Ali frame recently (http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?94,336882) and have a strange issue trying to print V1.stl (non customised) from here: [www.thingiverse.com].

One third of every side is very poor quality, due to the print head moving very quickly, but the rest of of the side comes out pretty good.

I am using Repetier host and Slic3r.

Gcode attached, repetier image attached showing a slight anominally and video here showing the main issue:

[www.youtube.com]

Any help and pointer appreciated.

Thanks very much
Kevin
Attachments:
open | download - V1.gcode (214.3 KB)
open | download - v1.jpg (159.9 KB)
Re: Vase printing issue
May 11, 2014 09:06AM
I'm far from an expert on this, but my first guess would be that something is radically incorrect with the acceleration or jerk settings in either your firmware or slicer based on how it happens right after turning a corner.....
May 11, 2014 09:13AM
Disable the bridge Funktion in Slicer,
May 11, 2014 01:16PM
Hux Flux, your a star, that solved 95% of the problem.

The next much more minor issue is that the slicer decides to do 2 small areas of 'infill', which really mess things up fro the small area concerned - see attached.

Any thoughts on that bit? I have played with all the settings I can and cant remove them.

Cheers
Kev
Attachments:
open | download - v1b.jpg (55.8 KB)
May 11, 2014 08:05PM
I'd say part of your issue is that model itself. I haven't seen a vase before that is stair-stepped in the actual mesh like that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login