Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print fall apart

Posted by ddigula 
Print fall apart
May 14, 2014 03:26AM
Hi !

I wanted to print "Cute Octopus Says Hello" from Thingverse, it started to print nice, but it fall apart after few layers (picture in attachment). Since it was my third print (after cubes) I don't know what was the cause, so I'm asking for help.

Thanks!

Denis
Attachments:
open | download - fotografija 2.JPG (212.8 KB)
Re: Print fall apart
May 14, 2014 11:33AM
Looks like the print got too hot, which is a big problem with small prints. Your slicer will have a solution, in skeinforge you activate the 'cool' module to slow down the print on small layers and give it time to cool, I don't know how other software handles this.
May 14, 2014 11:36AM
Slic3r has a cooling feature, several things you can control, time constraint to activate it, minimum time to print each layer and min speed [overrides layer time].
What temp are you printing at? Material?
May 14, 2014 02:26PM
That was printed whit ABS at 230 first layer, and 225 other layers, hot bed at 110/105. I have fan at j jhead, but when is on it cools down head too much.

Windows 7
Arduino Mega
Ramps 1.4
Printer Model: Prusa Rework i3
Slic3r
Pronteface
1.75 mm filament ABS
May 14, 2014 03:03PM
I've never printed in ABS, so that's where my capability to help drops off. Sorry.
May 14, 2014 03:39PM
I only prints in ABS and I have to say, if your printing small items you almost have to print more than one and space them about 1"-2" apart on the bed.
This helps to let the layers cool enough without turning into a ball of goo from the heat.
May 14, 2014 03:57PM
thank you all
June 09, 2014 02:03PM
Hi again!

I tried to slow down speed in slicer, but speed has not change a bit. Since first layer is printed ok, i put all speed options as first layer (20%) whitout result, it speed up on other layers. Maybe is something wrong whit marlin settings, so here is my configuration.h settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,4000,600} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {500, 500, 5, 45} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {1000,1000,20,1000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 1000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 1000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

and sometimes there is problem with temperature. it can't reach 230°C...

In att is few pictures of my last attempt....

Thanks!

Windows 7
Arduino Mega
Ramps 1.4
Printer Model: Prusa Rework i3
Slic3r
Pronteface
1.75 mm filament ABS
Attachments:
open | download - fotografija 2.JPG (246.3 KB)
open | download - fotografija 1.JPG (259 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login