Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa i3 trouble

Posted by tbaxter08700 
prusa i3 trouble
May 27, 2014 01:46PM
So I bought the prusa i3 kit off eBay and finally got it setup. So my problem is it prints 1 side fine but the rest just has lots of gaps in the walls. Strange thing tho is when I printed a dome it printed fine. The square is mentioned to be a thin wall cube, the far right side is nearly perfect. I will upload a picture. What could this be?

Re: prusa i3 trouble
May 27, 2014 03:15PM
Just a guess.. but is your x-axis and okbed level?
May 27, 2014 03:16PM
Yep bed is level. Triple checked that because that's what it looks like it would be.
May 27, 2014 04:19PM
Don't know if this has anything to do with it but when I press x home it doesn't go home I have to press it a few times and it slowly moves there. Once it's there, say I say go right 100 it moves fine but if I say move back left 100 it only moves about 10? Any ideas?
May 28, 2014 08:52AM
Belts tight is the pulley tight on shaft have you got a flat on the stepper shaft whats driving the x,

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 28, 2014 09:22AM
The belt is tight, tighter than the others really and there fine. Yes there is a flat why? Why would it be bad on 1 side of the print tho bit the other fine?
May 28, 2014 09:24AM
There's a flat on the shaft the a little pulley goes over that....
May 28, 2014 03:58PM
If your printing with pla you need a fan blowing onto the piece your printing so that the layer is cold for the next layer

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 28, 2014 04:11PM
Abs mate.
May 28, 2014 04:40PM
chris33
If your printing with pla you need a fan blowing onto the piece your printing so that the layer is cold for the next layer
I printed without a fan for a while when I first got into it, and again when I "upgraded" to an E3D, never has this effected in any noticeable way a calibration box. That dome should be more messed up due to lack of fanage.
I would guess E steps/mm, but again, your dome printed fine. Just to be sure, you have calibrated that, right?

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
May 28, 2014 04:52PM
I checked them and they all seem fine. It did say that it's already fully calibrated. It's just so strange that 1 side is fine then it gets progressively worse as it gets to the left...
May 28, 2014 05:30PM
I've had that before, but it was from underextrusion, the symptons were a bit different, but the same in that it was fine on one side and transitions to worse on others.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
May 29, 2014 09:58PM
Might chech for a bad motor connector,a square would be more "jerkey" then a circle, maybe something is shaking loose.
May 31, 2014 05:33AM
So I have finally fixed the original problem by doing this

But now I have this problem. Any ideas?

June 02, 2014 02:12PM
Looks like a belt is loose, but I'm sure you've checked that already.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login