Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replicated defects

Posted by Paul4865 
Replicated defects
May 28, 2014 05:42PM
I have printed 4 columns for my MKII printer I am currently building, I have noticed slight defects on each one in nearly an identical pattern, it looks like a mechanical jump except it goes away the further up the print it goes, it's printed @ .2mm layer with a .35mm nozzle, sliced with slic3r in repetier host and run from a SD card, in black ABS, it cannot be defects in the material as the patterns are so similar.
Can anyone give me steer, the only thing I can think of is the code causing it?
I have attached some shots, one is my printer.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (422.3 KB)
open | download - image.jpg (595.3 KB)
Re: Replicated defects
May 29, 2014 08:01AM
Was there another adjacent part being printed? You can get effects like this when jumping between parts.
May 29, 2014 08:43AM
Travel, why didn't I think about that?
I'm going on a whim here, you're using Slic3r. If you are, then I'll tell you from personal Slic3r exclusivity that it will make odd, though repeatable, travels outside the model and back into the model, even if each layer is a single area. I don't understand it, it's simply what it does, even when I have "don't cross perimeters" checked. If you don't have it checked, do so, and see if that helps.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
May 29, 2014 01:10PM
Instantly can tell from your pictures your using garbage slicing software...

Time to get a clue...

Hope my experience helps you... enjoy Happy Printing !smileys with beer

Shawn
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

25+ Years Experience as a Manufacturing Engineer and New Product Developer
Three Years Experience... Printing 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week, complex and close tolerance functional engineering prototypes.
Printing PLA @0.1mm Layer Height with +- 0.05mm tolerance for all dimensional shapes (except slightly undersized hole I.D.s).
No printing of... toys, trinkets, low quality prints, or other useless printed objects.
May 29, 2014 04:09PM
No it printed on its own
May 29, 2014 04:10PM
I will try checking that and see what it does, thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login