Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bottom of a radius not coming out

Posted by Floyd 
bottom of a radius not coming out
June 09, 2014 12:33AM
how can I get a nice clean radius on the bottom of my parts?
I tried 110c bed and 95c bed with the same results minus the 95c lifting on the ends.
Its a .4mm tip at 40mm/sec and 225c hot end. ABS 3mm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2014 12:33AM by Floyd.
Attachments:
open | download - picture.jpg (170.7 KB)
Re: bottom of a radius not coming out
June 09, 2014 06:14AM
As it's basically printing in the air partially, it might help to add a very small support that you can easily break off afterwards. You can also try to turn the part 90 degrees lengthwise, so instead of aligning it on the X-axis, align it with the Y-axis.

Sometimes it comes out better this way because the printbed is heavy and causes some detail to be printed less-well.
June 09, 2014 08:21AM
This was just a test piece that I did up real quick. The actual part is shaped like a money clip. Instead of printing the whole thing over again I just modeled this up as a test part.
Im not sure if a cooling fan on the ABS would help but im game for anything.
June 11, 2014 06:05PM
You don't want cooling with ABS.

You need to turn on support in your slicer to print like this, you can't print in open air, it needs a sort of scaffolding and that is what support is.
June 12, 2014 11:09AM
Id have to turn the support down to about 30* or so to do much. Right now its at the default 60*
June 13, 2014 03:45PM
Id say from looking at your pic that the end has started to peel up messing up the next layer, had many prints like that, getting them to stick properly every time is a prob winking smiley
June 13, 2014 04:04PM
Looking all along the bottom of the print, it looks like your bed may be too low, so it's playing catch up in width, rather than filling in properly.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login